Minor Damage - Barely noticeable crease, top right corner of cover only
Educate Your Brain
From The Author Kathy Brown........
My goal was to bring together all the simplified basics of the amazing Brain Gym program from diverse sources, "de-mystifying" Brain Gym and making it understandable to the newcomer, while creating a resource useful to the seasoned Edu-K consultant as well.
Paul Dennison, co-creator of the Brain Gym program, was kind enough to write the Foreword, in which he says: "Educate Your Brain offers an important look at how movement shapes the brain. This book is for all parents, teachers, life-students, sports enthusiasts, and business professionals who believe that each of us can access the opportunity to learn, grow, and be all that we can be. ... I found it a joy to read this book."
The book is in three main sections:
The first chapters go step-by-step through the PACE process, describing the benefits of the four Brain Gym movements that are its components, and how they combine as the perfect boost for learning faster, working smarter, and moving more easily through life.
The middle section explores diverse elements of theory and practice:
- Why movement is necessary for learning
- Understanding the impact of retained infant reflexes, and how movement and Edu-K balancing may resolve these developmental issues
- Specifics of Edu-K theory: whole-brain processing, The Three Dimensions, the concept of noticing and how to cultivate this ability in learners of all ages, the power of repatterning to achieve integrated low-gear (the only state in which we can learn something new), and understanding Brain Gym as a behavioral model.
- How movement supports us in developing the natural ability to focus
- Understanding the reading process: why learners may struggle to read without whole-brain integration; exploring "eye-lead" and the challenge of "left-eye lead;" why listening is a vital element of the reading process
- A narrative description of Edu-K balancing, illustrated by diverse client stories to explore the many possibilities of this dynamic process
- A sampler of Brain Gym movements, and a simplified explanation of their categories: Midline Movements, Energy Exercises, Lengthening Activities, and Deepening Attitudes.
And the chapters in the third section illustrate how Brain Gym can be used in a wide variety of situations throughout life: in the workplace; for coordinated physical activity; in the classroom; as a personal growth tool; for relief from stress, distress, and trauma; and to support harmony and effectiveness in situations at home.
Throughout, I use stories of clients I've worked with over the years to illustrate the power of Brain Gym to transform lives, and the text includes over 70 photographs, charts, and illustrations.
INTRODUCTION: MOVING INTO POTENTIAL
PACE: THE BRAIN GYM WARM-UP
Chapter 1 – A Brain Gym Beginning…
Chapter 2 – Water: Charge Up Your Body's Battery
Chapter 3 – Brain Buttons: Clear out the Cobwebs
Chapter 4 – The Cross Crawl: Power Up Your Hemispheres
Chapter 5 – Hook-ups: Move Out Of Your Brain Stem and Into the Flow
Chapter 6 – PACE: How Simple It Is
PRINCIPLES BEHIND THE BRAIN GYM PROCESS
Chapter 7 – Move Into Learning
Chapter 8 – Wired for Ability - Resolving Infant Reflexes
Chapter 9 – Theory in Action
Chapter 10 – Cultivating Natural Focus
Chapter 11 – Ready for Reading
Chapter 12 – Make Lasting Change through Edu-K Balancing
Chapter 13 – A Selection of Brain Gym Movements
PUTTING BRAIN GYM TO USE
Chapter 14 – Brain Gym in the Workplace
Chapter 15 – Brain Gym and Physical Activity
Chapter 16 – Brain Gym in the Classroom
Chapter 17 – Brain Gym as "Un-Therapy"
Chapter 18 – Brain Gym and Relief from Stress, Distress, and Trauma
Chapter 19 – Brain Gym at Home
Chapter 20 – Moving Forward
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Equilibrium users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.