The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils
by Julia Lawless
The Complete Guide to the Use of Aromatic Oils in Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health and Well-Being
This is one of the bestselling aromatherapy books of all time with vital information on plant origins, medical herbalism and the properties and actions of herbs and essential oils. It covers 165 oils, their actions, characteristics, principal constituents and folk traditions and is a must for experienced aromatherapists and beginners alike.
This essential handbook is used by aromatherapists all over the world and is one of the most successful titles in this area. It includes an A–Z listing of an enormous range of internationally relevant aromatic plants. Comprehensive information is provided for each entry, for example:
• Common name, Latin name, botanical plant family
• General Description – what it looks like
• Distribution – where it's found
• Herbal Folk Tradition – traditional uses
• Actions – what it's good for
• Extraction – How the oil is extracted
• Characteristics – what the oil looks like, and which other oils it blends well with
• Safety Information.
The Encyclopedia also covers:
• History of aromatherapy and herbalism
• How aromatic plants work on your body & mind
• How to make your own blends
• Uses for oils in the home.
This is a classic guide to essential oils and will remain a vital source of information for generations to come.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Equilibrium users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.